JAMB Unveils New Requirements for Foreign Students in 2023. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has unveiled new requirements for the admission of foreign students to Nigerian universities in 2023. The new requirements supersede the earlier requirements released by the board in November 2019.
JAMB Unveils New Requirements for Foreign Students in 2023
The following are the new requirements for foreign students seeking admission to Nigerian universities in 2023:
- A letter of indemnity from the head of the institution, confirming the eligibility of the candidates and indemnifying JAMB against inaccuracies.
- A registration form filled out online at the State JAMB Office.
- An auto-generated indemnity form printed and submitted to the institution for the head’s signature.
- A birth certificate or baptismal certificate.
- O’level results or its equivalents.
- A local government identification letter.
- Six (6) passport photographs.
In addition to these requirements, foreign students may also need to provide additional documentation, such as proof of financial support or a letter of recommendation from a Nigerian embassy or consulate.
The application process for foreign students has also been streamlined. Previously, foreign students had to submit their applications to JAMB directly. However, under the new system, foreign students will submit their applications to their chosen institution, which will then forward the applications to JAMB for approval.
The new requirements are designed to improve the quality of foreign students admitted to Nigerian universities and to make the application process more efficient.
Benefits of the New Requirements
The new requirements for foreign students are expected to have a number of benefits, including:
- Improved quality of foreign students: The new requirement for a letter of indemnity from the head of the institution will ensure that only eligible students are admitted to Nigerian universities. The requirement for proof of financial support will also help to ensure that foreign students are able to afford their studies.
- More efficient application process: The new system of having institutions forward applications to JAMB for approval is expected to make the application process more efficient for both foreign students and JAMB.
- Increased internationalization of Nigerian universities: The new requirements are expected to make Nigerian universities more attractive to foreign students. This could lead to increased internationalization of Nigerian universities and a more diverse student body.
The new requirements for foreign students seeking admission to Nigerian universities in 2023 are a positive step. They are designed to improve the quality of foreign students admitted to Nigerian universities and to make the application process more efficient. The new requirements are also expected to lead to increased internationalization of Nigerian universities.