16. When the plate area of a capacitor increases?
- A. the voltage can withstand increase
- B. the capacitance decreases
- C. the capacitance is unaffected
- D. the capacitance increases
17. A magnet relay is a device used for?
- A. reading the magnitude of magnetic flux
- B. controlling another circuit carrying larger current
- C. turning in sports
- D. storing magnetic field
18. According to kinetic molecular model in gases,
- A. the particles are closely packed together; they occupy minimum space are usually arranged in a regular pattern
- B. the particles vibrate about fixed positions and are held together by the strong intermolecular bonds between them
- C. the molecules are very far apart and occupy all the spaces made available to them
- D. the particles occur in clusters with molecules slightly further apart
19. A current of 0.5 A flows through a resistor when connected to a 40 V battery. How much energy is dispatched in 2 minutes?
- A. 2400 J
- B. 9600 J
- C. 1500 J
- D. 1200 J
For a pear-shaped conductor shown above, the concentration of charge on the outside is highest at?
- A. X
- B. Z
- C. Y
- D. K
21. The vapour pressure?
- A. increases non-linearly with measuring temperature
- B. increases linearly with increasing temperature
- C. decreases linearly with increasing temperature
- D. decreases non-linearly with measuring temperature
22. potential energy in an elastic string of force constant k, which has an extension X is?
- A. kX
- B. KX2
- C. ½KX2
- D. ½K
23. A reservoir is filled with liquid of density 2000 kgm−1. Calculate the depth at which the pressure in the liquid will be equal to 9100 Nm−2 (g = 10 ms−2)
- A. 0.262 m
- B. 0.664 m
- C. 0.819 m
- D. 0.455 m
24. Water is not a good thermometric liquid because it?
- A. expands unevenly between 0 ºC and 4 ºC
- B. maintains fixed density
- C. has high freezing point
- D. wets glass
25. Which of these is not a second class lever?
- A. sugar tongs
- B. claw hammer
- C. plier
- D. wheelbarrow
26. In the formation of sea breeze, wind blows from?
- A. sky to land
- B. sea to sky
- C. land to sea
- D. sea to land
27. Which component of fiber-optic connector has a provision of entry for the fibre along with the fixation to connector housing?
- A. coupling device
- B. cable
- C. ferrule
- D. connector housing
28. The gravitational pull on the moon is 1/6 that of the earth. If a body weighs 6.0 N on the moon, what will be the weight on the earth?
- A. 6.0 N
- B. 5.0 N
- C. 12.0 N
- D. 36.0 N
29. In order to view the sun, the most suitable instrument to use is?
- A. helioscope
- B. telescope
- C. stroboscope
- D. sun meter
30. The eclipse of the moon occurs when?
- A. the moon reflects the rays from the sun to the earth
- B. the moon comes exactly between the earth and the sun
- C. the earth comes exactly between the moon and the sun
- D. the sun comes exactly between the earth and the moon