Literature in English 2017 Past Questions | JAMB
Study the following Literature in English past questions and answers for JAMB, WAEC NECO and Post-JAMB. Get prepared with official past questions and answers for upcoming examinations.
31. This question is based on General Literacy Principles
At the peak of the trumpeter’s performance, his cheeks were as if they were balloons and his eyes spoke many words. The literacy devices in the extract above are ________?
- A. metaphor and paradox
- B. simile and metaphor
- C. simile and personification
- D. paradox and simile
32. This question is based on Frank Ogodo Ogbeche’s Harvest of Corruption
The play portrays the judiciary as
- A. unserious and lenient
- B. consistent and just
- C. corrupt and weak
- D. patronising and self-righteous
33. This question is based on General Literacy Principles
A prose work which centres on moral growth and character formation of an individual is called
- A. psychological novel
- B. picaresque
- C. autobiography
- D. satirical novel
34. This question is based on Selec ted Poems from Johnson, R et al(eds): New Poetry from Africa; Soyinka,(ed); Poems of Black Africa; Senanu, K.E, and Vincent, T.(ed): A Selection of African Poetry; Gbemisola A.: Naked Soles; Hayward, J.(ed.); The Penguin Book of English Verse and Nwoga, D.(ed): West African verse.
The mood of Peter’s The Panic of Growing Older can be described as _______?
- A. sober
- B. boastful
- C. defiant
- D. languid
35. This question is based on Selected Poems from Johnson, R et al(eds): New Poetry from Africa; Soyinka, (ed); Poems of Black Africa; Senanu, K.E, and Vicent, T.(ed.):
A Selection of African Poetry; Gbemisola A.: Naked Soles; Hayward, J.(ed.); The Penguin Book of English Verse and Nwoga, D.(ed.): West African Verse.
“…where guerillas walk the land while crocodiles surf ”
The lines above in Hallowelps The Dining Table signify _______?
- A. danger
- B. calmness
- C. pity
- D. saddness
36. This question is based on Amma Darko’s Faceless
The narrative style adopted in the novel is
- A. second persons
- B. third person
- C. interior monologue
- D. first person
37. This question is based on Literary Appreciation
“ How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world ” Anne Frank The Diary of a young Girl
The writer of the passage above is ________?
- A. assertive
- B. retrogressive
- C. optimistic
- D. antagnistic
38. This question is based on General Literacy Principles
An example of a narrative poem is ________?
- A. elegy
- B. epic
- C. dirge
- D. sonnet
39. Thus question is based on Frank Ogodo Ogbeche’s Harvest of Corruption
Two dominat themes of the play are __________?
- A. honesty and decency
- B. immorality and greed
- C. poverty and education
- D. weeding and planting
40. This question is based on Literary.
Our third jailer made little or me. He was one of the many struggled in order to feed their families. Be seemed to be very much controlled by the other two. Elechi Amadi Sunset in Biafra
The speaker’s attitude towards the jailer in the passage above is that of
- A. admiration
- B. condemnation
- C. spite
- D. respect