The Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria ICAN Scholarship Scheme for 2022 still on going, it should be known if you are not aware that the institute announced last year November 2021 by launching a scholarship system for outstanding students of institutions whose Accounting/Accountancy programs are certified by ICAN, the Institute has put in place a strategy that will make the accountancy profession more appealing to the brightest youngsters from any academic subject.
This year application for the scheme will be closed by May 2022 diet.
How to Apply ICAN Scholarship Scheme for 2022
The following document are for a new application:
- Application letter(indicating your registration number, mobile, contact and email address)
- Certificate or Notification of Results (Not more than two after senate approval)
- Original Introduction Letter from your school
- Original Recommendation Letter from any of the institute district society
ICAN Scholarship Scheme Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship shall cover examination fees and provision of study packs
2. After the award of Scholarship, scholars are required to pass each level within two consecutive diets, otherwise the scholarship is forfeited.
3. ICAN will pay for each level of the examination once. Scholars with references are to fund the paper(s) in which the reference was received.
4. Removal of tuition fees (the Institute will no longer refund tuition fees).
5. Scholars who do not pass any level within the approved two consecutive diets are to forfeit the scholarship. Complete failure of any level of the examination will lead to outright forfeiture of the scholarship.
6. Students who had previously applied are not eligible to re-present their applications.
7. Applicants are eligible to apply not more than two years after graduation, after senate approval.
ICAN Scholarship Scheme Categories
Diamond: The Diamond Scholarship is for First Class/Distinction graduates of ICAN-Accredited Institutions, irrespective of the discipline or course of study to write the Professional Examinations of the Institute.
Gold: The Gold scholarship is for the Best Graduating Student of an ICAN accredited Accounting/Accountancy programme for professional examinational level.
SilverThe Silver Scholarship is for the BEST STUDENT in year one of any ICAN-accredited Accounting/Accountancy programme in tertiary institutions to write the Accounting Technicians Scheme for West Africa (ATSWA) Examination.The Best Overall Student in the final level of ATSWA proceeding to the Professional level.
Qualification for ICAN Scholarship Scheme
- Must be a registered student of the Institute (ATSWA or Professional)
2. Claim necessary exemption
3. Requirement for application are:
i. Application letter
ii. Recommendation letter from your school
iii. Recommendation letter from ICAN District Society
iv. B.Sc/HND result
v. A total of 150 spaces are available for the scheme per annum ( to be shared amongst the diets available per year). Applications are on a first come, first served basis.