31. The amount of energy required to change a kilogram of ice block into water without a change in temperature is?
- A. specific latent heat of fusion of ice
- B. specific heat capacity of rice
- C. heat capacity of rice
- D. specific heat of vaporization of rice
32. Which expression gives magnetic flux?
33. The graph of pressure (P) against the reciprocal of the volume (I/V) in Boyles’s law is a?
- A. hyperbola
- B. parabola
- C. curve
- D. straight line
34. What quantity of heat is required to convert 20 g of ice at 0 ºC to water at the same temperature? (Specific latent heat of ice = 336 Jg−1)
- A. 7.06 x 103J
- B. 5.38 x 103J
- C. 6.72 x 103J
- D. 1.35 x 103J
35. A train of mass 1600 kg attains a speed of 25 ms−1 in 20 seconds. The power developed in the engine is?
- A. 2.5 KW
- B. 80 KW
- C. 25 KW
- D. 50 KW
36. The main factor which affects the speed of sound wave is the?
- A. properties of the medium
- B. amplitude of the sound wave
- C. intensity of the sound wave
- D. loudness of the sound wave
37. A semiconductor is formed by?
- A. co-ordinate bonds
- B. electrovalent bonds
- C. a substance free of bonds
- D. covalent bonds
38. One of the following is a scalar quantity?
- A. weight
- B. momentum
- C. potential energy
- D. moments
39. The mercury column in the barometer at notational atmospheric pressure has a height of?
- A. 0.76 cm at see level
- B. 760 cm at sea level
- C. 7.6 cm at sea level
- D. 76 cm at sea level
40. If an object just begins to slide on a surface inclined at 30º to the horizontal, the coefficient of friction is?
- A. √3
- B. √3/2
- C. 1/√2
- D. 1/√3