Literature in English 2017 Past Questions | JAMB
Study the following Literature in English past questions and answers for JAMB, WAEC NECO and Post-JAMB. Get prepared with official past questions and answers for upcoming examinations.
41. This question is based on General Literacy Principles
A literacy device wherein the author places a person, concept, idea or theme parallel to another is ________?
- A. allusion
- B. juxtaposition
- C. symbolism
- D. memoir
42. “I can stand well enough and I speak well enough”. The excerpt above exemplifies ___ ?
- A. synedole
- B. euphemism
- C. repetition
- D. irony
43. Tension between the protagonist and the antagonist is called______
- A. Climax
- B. Concrete
- C. Conflict
- D. Confident
44. This question is based on Amma Darko’s Facesless.
The street phenomenon in the novel is a universal theme because
- A. It only occurs in Ghana
- B. It could be found only in Africa
- C. It is common to almost all nations of the world
- D. the novel is read in all parts of the world
45. This question is based on William Shakespeare’s Othello.
According to the highest estimate, how many ships in the Turkish fleet were said to head for the Island of Cyprus?
- A. 107
- B. 230
- C. 200
- D. 140
46. This question is based on Selected Poems from Johnson, R et al(eds): New Poetry from Africa; Soyinka, (ed); Poems of Black Africa; Senanu, K.E, and Vicent, T.(ed.):
A Selection of African Poetry; Gbemisola A.: Naked Soles; Hayward, J.(ed.); The Penguin Book of English Verse and Nwoga, D.(ed.): West African Verse.
Tennyon’s Crossing the Bar is ________?
- A. a celebration of life
- B. an appreciation of nature
- C. a demystication of death
- D. a celebration of the final passage
47. This question is based on Faceless by Amma Darko
What is the reason that caused Odarley’s mother to send him away from home?
- A. she chose to go to the street
- B. her mother remarried
- C. she steals her mother things
- D. she wants to poison her boyfriend
48. _______ In literature is the sequential arrangement of events in a creative work
- A. Cast
- B. Summary
- C. Flaw
- D. Plot
49. This question is based on Frank Ogodo Ogbeche’s Harvest of Corruption
Who impregnated Aloho?
- A. The Commissioner
- B. Chief Haladu
- C. Justice Odili
- D. Inspector Inaku
50. This question is based on Bayo Adebowale’s Lonely Days
Yaremi’s main job is
- A. selling cassava
- B. harvesting cassava
- C. dyeing taffeta cloths
- D. sewing taffeta cloths