Literature In English 2017 Past Questions | JAMB
Study the following Literature in English past questions and answers for JAMB, WAEC NECO and Post-JAMB. Get prepared with official past questions and answers for upcoming examinations.
11. The question is based on Richard Writer’s Native Son
Bigger kills Mary due to______?
- A. Fear
- B. Hatred
- C. Envy
- D. Distrust
12. This question is based on Selected Poems from Johnson, R et al(eds): New Poetry from Africa; Soyinka, (ed); Poems of Black Africa; Senanu, K.E, and Vicent, T.(ed.):
A Selection of African Poetry; Gbemisola A.: Naked Soles; Hayward, J.(ed.); The Penguin Book of English Verse and Nwoga, D.(ed.): West African Verse.
One of the thematic preoccupations of Awooner’s The Anvil and the Hammer is
- A. clash of cultures
- B. revival of colonalism
- C. the changing face of colonial masters
- D. the good attributes of colonalism
13. This question is based on Bayo Adebowale’s Lonely Days.
The cap-picking ceremony is to
- A. break the strong will of Yaremi
- B. make Yaremi remarry
- C. establish that she is wicked
- D. prove that Ajumobi is not the best
14. This Question is based on General Literacy principles and Literacy Appreciations.
A poem used to express grief on the occasion of someone’s death is _______?
- A. elergy
- B. epic
- C. dirge
- D. sonnet
15. This question is based on Frank Ogodo Ogbeche’s Harvest of Corruption
(ACP Yakubu in his office)…
How can that old crook of a Judge acquit and discharge a very clear case of cocaine pushing. What evidence is he looking for?…’ The technique used in the excerpt above is called
- A. interior monologue
- B. apostrophe
- C. dramatic monologue
- D. soliloquoy
16. “And blossoms blown away”
The line above from William Blake’s poem ” The school boy” is an example of
- A. personification
- B. euphemism
- C. alliteration
- D. consonance
17. Who succeeded Othello as Governor of Cyprus?
- A. Cassio
- B. Lago
- C. Montano
- D. Gratiano
18. A character whose name is also the source of the title of the narrative is called ___?
- A. round
- B. eponymous
- C. flat
- D. tittled
19. This question is based on Amma Darko’s Faceless
The dominant tone of the novel is one of
- A. bitterness
- B. hope
- C. fear
- D. joy
20. Thus question is based on Frank Ogodo Ogbeche’s Harvest of Corruption
It can be deduced from the play that
- A. drug pushing is lucrative
- B. no crime will go unpunished
- C. the wealthy also cry
- D. people will always complain