Literature in English Theory 2018
Section A: AFRICAN DRAMA
THE BLOOD OF A STRANGER — DELE CHARLEY
1. How does the love for wealth and power influence the actions of the characters in the play?
2. Assess Santigi’s reign as King of Mando land.
HARVEST OF CORRUPTION – FRANK OGODO OGBECHE
3. Comment on the proceedings of the Wasa High Court of Justice
4. Consider Aloho as a foil to Ogeyi.
Section B: NON – AFRICAN DRAMA
A RAISIN IN THE SUN – LORRAINE HANSBERRY
5. What is the significance of Karl Linder’s visit to the Youngers?
6. Trace the transformation of Walter “Into his manhood’ in the play?
SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER – OLIVER GOLDSMITH
7. Examine the importance of the Jewels in the play
8. Assess the role of Tony Lumpkin in the play.
SECTION C: AFRICAN POETRY
9. Examine the use of contrast in Okara’s “Piano and Drums’
10. Comment on the mood of the poet in “Ambush”