41. One reason for the adoption of indirect rule in British West Africa was?
- A. availability of British officials
- B. to ensure justice
- C. inadequate finance
- D. to assimilate the indigenes
42. Which of the following policies replaced assimilation?
- A. indigenat
- B. loi cadre
- C. association
- D. indirect rule
43. Which of the following is a reason for the failure of the assimilation policy in French West Africa?
- A. the change in the name of their culture
- B. the refusal of Africans to be culturally colonized
- C. the democratic policy of the french
- D. bribery of the opinion leaders by the french
44. Nationalism prior to the second world war was led by?
- A. educated elites and chiefs
- B. chiefs and elders
- C. aggrieved cocoa farmers
- D. African merchants
45. Which of the following is not a factor leading to military intervention in west African states?
- A. excessive control of public enterprise
- B. falsification of election results
- C. mismanagement of the country’s economy
- D. corruption in high places
46. One of the problems of military administration in West Africa is that soldiers
- A. are representatives of the people
- B. lack discipline
- C. are not well organized
- D. are not trained for governance
47. In order to promote democracy and good governance, the commonwealth of Nations
- A. prosecutes leaders who commit atrocities at the international criminal court
- B. organises seminars and training programs on technical assistance to members
- C. sanction members who do not pay their dues
- D. sponsors election observer teams to monitor the conduct of elections.
48. Foreign policy of a country could be influenced by?
- A. personality of political leader
- B. number of schools in a country
- C. number of ministers in a country
- D. national
49. Which of the following is not a problem faced by ECOWAS
- A. financial security
- B. political instability
- C. larger market
- D. colonial heritage
50. The united nation organisation (UNO) is primary regarded as successful because
- A. its members continue to increase
- B. of its control of outbreak of another world war
- C. all member countries have veto power
- D. more member countries acquire more nuclear power