31. public opinion can be measured through all of the following except the?
- A. imposition of laws without any debate
- B. conduct of opinion
- C. general review
- D. holding of referendum in a state
32. An electoral system which allows party members to elect candidates for elective offices is called?
- A. by election
- B. primary election
- C. general election
- D. direct election
33. On which of the following grounds can a citizen abstain from voting
- A. religion
- B. education
- C. wealth
- D. status
34. Indirect election is best described as?
- A. only women electing legislators
- B. the citizenry electing legislators
- C. electoral college electing legislators
- D. only adults electing legislators
35. The class that controls and supervises the activities of the executive class in the civil service is?
- A. clerical class
- B. manipulative class
- C. professional class
- D. administrative class
36. The agency responsible for investigating allegation of maladministration and punishing offending career officers in the executive is the?
- A. federal character commission
- B. ethics commission
- C. judicial commission
- D. public/civil service commission
37. The anonymity of civil servants means that they should not be?
- A. prosecuted for any professional misconduct
- B. disciplined because of their expertise
- C. above the law of the land
- D. praised or blamed publicly
38. The following were limitations imposed on traditional rulers under colonial rule except?
- A. were not permitted to raise armed forces
- B. had no power to impose tax
- C. had no power to install or dispose a chief
- D. were no longer spiritual heads of the people
39. A system of administration which allowed traditional rulers to rule their people under the supervision of the British officials in West Africa is?
- A. divide and rule
- B. colonization
- C. indirect rule
- D. assimilation
40. Local government is established in order to?
- A. bring government nearer to the people
- B. build churches and mosque
- C. curb corruption in the society
- D. promote political apathy