Government 2018 Past Questions | WAEC
Study the following Government past questions and answers for JAMB, WAEC NECO and Post-JAMB. Get prepared with official past questions and answers for upcoming examinations.
11. The principle of separation of power becomes meaningful when it is linked with the concept of?
- A. the certainty of the law
- B. checks and balances
- C. legality of the law
- D. judicial independence
12. Which of the following does not militate against representative government in West Africa.
- A. electoral irregularities
- B. coup d’ etat
- C. gagged media
- D. universal adult suffrage
13. Those who believe in democracy and good governance are opposed to a single party system because?
- A. encourages weak leadership
- B. does not ensure national unity
- C. curtails personal liberty
- D. encourages divisiveness
14. The fundamental law of a country refers to its?
- A. acts of parliament
- B. conventions
- C. constitution
- D. judicial precedence
15. A country’s constitution could be derived from the following sources except?
- A. judicial precedents
- B. customary sources
- C. statutory sources
- D. party manifestoes
16. Planning and formulation of government policies are first initiated at?
- A. cabinet meetings
- B. media houses
- C. political rallies
- D. open forum
17. Which of the following is the primary function of a parliament
- A. impeachment of the president
- B. making of laws
- C. ratifying international treaties
- D. acting as an electoral college
18. Judicial review is a mechanism for checking?
- A. arbitrary use of power
- B. irresponsible journalism
- C. electoral malpractices
- D. military adventures
19. In a parliamentary system of government, the legislature and executive are fused to ensure
- A. supremacy of the ruling party in administering the state
- B. smoothness in the administration of the state
- C. the constitution is read in parliament at all time
- D. the judiciary consults parliament before ruling on cases
20. A country with homogeneous societies and a small population is suitable for the establishment?
- A. a unitary state
- B. a nation state
- C. a federal state
- D. an autonomous state