A government performs the following functions except?
- A. safeguarding life and property
- B. maintaining law and order
- C. providing all the needs of its citizens
- D. providing basic welfare needs
2. A political system in which government controls every aspect of a citizens life is?
- A. feudalism
- B. monarchy
- C. democracy
- D. totalitarianism
3. A political system in which the state owns and controls the major means of production is known as?
- A. feudalism
- B. socialism
- C. fascism
- D. capitalism
4. Communist governments aim at distributing goods and services according to?
- A. gender and class
- B. loyalty to the party
- C. need and ability
- D. work and residence
5. The theory of separation of power is associated with?
- A. Jean Bodin
- B. Baron de Montesquieu
- C. A.V Dicey
- D. J.J Rousseau
6. The basic purpose of setting up a state is to?
- A. maintain law and order
- B. protect foreign interest
- C. Promote development
- D. provide social facilities
7. The process of taking part in the selection of leaders in a country is political?
- A. socialization
- B. participation
- C. interaction
- D. culture
8. By comparism, a state is?
- A. less permanent than a government
- B. more permanent than a government
- C. more changeable than a government
- D. equally permanent with a government
9. In modern democracy, a government is?
- A. a contract between the rulers and the ruled
- B. a preserve of the political party in power
- C. monopoly of the ethnic groups in the majority
- D. alternation of power between the minority and majority tribes
10. The rule of law can be limited by?
- A. power
- B. state of emergency
- C. legitimacy
- D. checks and balances