- The Nigeria’s head of government in 1963 was _____
- A. Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe
- B. General Yakubu Gowon
- C. Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa
- D. Major Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi
2. Who re-organised the Nigeria’s four regions into twelve states in May 1967?
- A. General Yakubu Gowon
- B. Lieutenant-Colonel Ojukwu
- C. Philip Effiong
- D. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
3. Government by the wealthy is known as _________
- A. Democracy
- B. Plutocracy
- C. Oligarchy
- D. Aristocracy
4. Professor lbrahim Gambari was the Special Assistant to the United Nations Secretary General on____________
- A. Security matters
- B. African affairs
- C. Political and social matters
- D. The Economic Commission of Africa.
5. Which of the following is a founding member of OPEC?
- A. Indonesia
- B. Algeria
- C. Venezuela
- D. Nigeria
6. The main function of the Code of Conduct Bureau is to……
- A. Give the police more powers to make arrests.
- B. Ensure accountability in government business.
- C. Give the judiciary more powers to discipline erring judges.
- D. Protect public officers from the press
7. The two military coups that toppled civilian regimes in Nigeria were those of ……
- A. February 1976 and December 1983
- B. July 1966 and August 1985
- C. January 1966 and July 1975
- D. January 1966 and December 1983
8. Under the 1999 constitution of Nigeria, the power to create local governments is vested in the …..
- A. State Assembly
- B. National Assembly
- C. Office of the deputy governor
- D. Presidency
9. The first Nigerian constitution to provide for the Fundamental objectives and directive principles of the state policy was the _________
- A. 1999 Constitution
- B. 1979 Constitution
- C. 1960 Constitution
- D. 1989 Constitution
10. The fees collected by local governments at motor parks represent ______
- A. Income tax
- B. User charge
- C. Fines
- D. Levies
11. The lbadan Conference of 1950 was convened to discuss the provisions of the ….
- A. Richards Constitution
- B. Macpherson Constitution
- C. Clifford Constitution
- D. Lyttleton Constitution
12. The absence of the rule of law in government will bring about …
- A. Human rights abuse
- B. Political apathy
- C. Corrupt practices
- D. Treasonable offences
13. The Economic Community of West African States has made progress in the area of ….
- A. Increased trade among members
- B. Providing financial aid to members
- C. Political integration of the region
- D. Free movement of persons and right of residence
14. Nigeria’s withdrawal from the Edinburg Commonwealth Games in July 1986 was in protest against British…..
- A. Failure to impose sanctions on South Africa
- B. Negative utterances on Nigeria
- C. Supply of arms to Rhodesia
- D. Support for UNITArebels in Angola
15. During the Civil War, the major power that expressed moral support for Biafra’s self- determination was ……
- A. Great Britain
- B. China
- C. France
- D. The United States