Government 2021 Past Questions | WAEC
46. One of the objectives of the United Nations Organization (UNO) is to
- A. establish a standing army
- B. give loans to poor countries in the world
- C. promote and encourage respect for human rights and freedoms
- D. ensure African leaders are respected
47. The West African Youth League (WAYL) was a nationalist movement found by
- A. Bankole-Bright
- B. ITA Wallace-Johnson
- C. J.E. Casely Hayford
- D. Samuel Akisanya
- Commonwealth member states derive the following benefits from the association except
- A. assistance to war-torn countries
- B. promotion of education
- C. political instability
- D. promotion of sports
49. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is saddled with many problems, one of which is
- A. colonial heritage
- B. facilitation of movement of people
- C. inter-state trading
- D. sports and cultural exchange
50. In which system of government are all the components units sovereign?
- A. Confederal
- B. Federal
- C. monarchical
- D. Republican
GOVERNMENT PAST QUESTIONS 2021 THEORY
1. Highlight five (5) features that make democracy the most popular system of government
2. Explain five (5) factors that limit the powers of government.
3. Outline five (5) reasons for which the judiciary is kept independent on the control of the executive and legislature.
4. Identify five (5) factors that make public opinion an important aspect of the democratic process.
5. Highlight five (5) ways of effectively controlling the Local Government to live up to its mandate.
6. (a) State three (3) institutions in Yoruba Pre-colonial political system of administration.
(b) Explain four (4) checks and balances that existed in Yoruba Pre-colonial political system.
7. Identify five (5) weaknesses of the Independence Constitution of 1960.
8. Explain five (5) problems Nigeria encountered in her interaction with nations of the world.
9. Highlight five (5) positive impacts of British and French colonial administration in West Africa.
10. Identify five (5) ways in which democracy was stalled any time the military took over the administration of Nigeria.