English Language 2018 Past Questions | WAEC
Study the following English Language past questions and answers for JAMB, WAEC NECO and Post-JAMB. Get prepared with official past questions and answers for upcoming examinations. Studying Textbooks and practicing Past Questions are the secret of examinations success.
After the following sentence, a list of possible interpretations is given. Choose the interpretation that is most appropriate for the sentence.
21. Can you imagine Oka behaving as if he has all the knowledge in the world? This means that Oka.
- A. does not really know anything
- B. knows so much more than we think
- C. is admired by everybody
- D. respects other people
22. Akin is too full of himself. This means that Akin
- A. Talks too much
- B. eats too much
- C. is too proud
- D. is quite annoying
23. She slogged her guts out for the examinations. This means that she
- A. failed the examination despite working hard for it
- B. passed the examination despite not working hard for it
- C. used unfair means to face the examination
- D. really worked very hard for the examination
24. I admire Modou: very few people can stomach all of Adaeze’s insults. This means that Modou
- A. tolerated Adaeze’s insults
- B. was a weakling
- C. had no answer to Adaeze’s insults
- D. did the right thing by remaining silent
25. After months of battling with stroke, he is now a shadow of his former self. This means that he
- A. is now frail
- B. is vulnerable
- C. is hopeless
- D. has almost recovered
26. Kura, you can’t be too careful when dealing with Wang. This means that Kura.
- A. has no reason to be suspicious of Wang
- B. can fully rely on Wang
- C. has to be very careful in his relationship with Wang
- D. may feel free in the company of Wang
27. Don’t tell me another cock and bull story. This means that the speaker does not want to.
- A. be further baffled
- B. hear the same old story
- C. hear another drab story
- D. be further deceived
28. Had he confessed much earlier, she would have trusted him. This means that he
- A. had confessed earlier on, but he wasn’t trusted
- B. had confessed much earlier on and he was trusted
- C. hadn’t confessed much earlier on and he was trusted
- D. hadn’t confessed earlier on, and wasn’t trusted
29. Kola: You really worked hard to win the case.
Didia: You don’t know the half of it. This means that.
- A. it wasn’t as difficult as Kola had thought
- B. Kola’s statement wasn’t actually correct
- C. it was even more difficult than Kola could imagine
- D. Winning the case didn’t mean much to Kola
30. Femi is too clever by half. This means that Femi
- A. displays his cleverness in an annoying way
- B. is not as clever as he thinks
- C. pleases everyone he meets
- D. hides how clever he really is