61. choose the option that best completes the gap(s).
I am not sure that all _____ well with John.
- A. Were
- B. Is
- C. Are
- D. Will
62. According to this passage, it gives the child great pleasure
- A. For daddy to see the tower he has built
- B. To destroy the tower himself
- C. To see his tower accidentally destroyed
- D. To be helped to destroy the tower
63. Choose the option nearest in meaning to the underlined. Thousands of students for the examination but only very few pass
- A. Come in
- B. Call for
- C. Go into
- D. Enter for
64. choose the word(s) or phrase(s) which best fill(s) the gap(s).
Now, i am used ………. bread without butter
- A. to eat
- B. in eating
- C. of eating
- D. to eating
65. choose the option that best completes the gap(s). We look forward to _______ from you very soon.
- A. Have heard
- B. Hear
- C. Hearing
- D. Heard
66. choose the option opposite in meaning to the word(s) or phase in italics.
The journalist said he was working freelance
- A. tireless
- B. without pay
- C. satisfactorily
- D. dependently
67. choose the option nearest in meaning to the italicized words or expressions.
The French classes were always funny because we considered French a strange tongue.
- A. Awkward
- B. Foreign
- C. Funny
- D. Uninteresting
68. choose the option opposite in meaning to the word(s) in italics.
Everyone testifies to the unique taste of our flavor.
- A. Offensive
- B. Common
- C. Uncommon
- D. Sufficient
69. choose the option that best completes the gap. Wherever the leader went people struggled to catch a ….. of him.
- A. Glimpse
- B. Look
- C. View
- D. Picture
70. choose the option nearest in meaning to the underlined.
Nwankwo was on the of signing a two-year contract with the club
- A. Brink
- B. Summit
- C. Height
- D. Shore