Which of the following raw materials is used in the plastic industry?
- A. Ethene
- B. Methane
- C. Sulphur
- D. Hydrogen
2. Which of the following organic compounds can undergo both addition and substitution reactions?
- A. Pentane
- B. Benzene
- C. Propane
- D. Hexane
3. Which of the following equations represents a redox reaction?
4. The process of extraction of iron from its ore is
- A. decomposition
- B. oxidation
- C. reduction
- D. sublimation
5. What is the solubility of a salt if 0.4g of it is obtained on evaporating 200 of its saturated solution to dryness?
- A. 0.08
- B. 2.00
- C. 8.00
- D. 80.00
6. An acidic salt has
- A. double anions in its aqueous solution
- B. a single cation in its aqueous solution
- C. hydrogen ions in its aqueous solution
- D. hydrogen atoms in its aqueous solution
7. Which of the following is an example of a chemical change?
- A. Dissolution of salt in water
- B. Rusting of iron
- C. Melting of ice
- D. Separating a mixture by distillation
8. A reaction is endothermic if the
- A. reaction vessel feels cool during the reaction
- B. enthalpy change is negative
- C. bond forming energy exceeds bond breaking energy
- D. heat of formation of reactants exceeds heat of formation of products
9. In which of the following compounds does hydrogen form ionic compounds?
- A. CH
- B. HCl
- C. NH
- D. NaH
10. An organic compound has the empirical formula . If its molar mass is 42, what is its molecular formula? (C = 12.0, H = 1.0)