31. A chemical process in which there is a gain of electrons is known as?
- A. Sublimation
- B. Reduction
- C. Oxidation
- D. Distillation
32. ——- are the reactions involving simultaneous oxidation and reduction
- A. Automatic reactions
- B. Alternate reactions
- C. Reduction agency
- D. Redox reactions
33. A binary compound of oxygen with another element is referred to as?
- A. Oxide
- B. Element
- C. Carbon
- D. Nitrogen
34. The process or act of extracting a metal from its ore and refining it is called?
- A. Extraction
- B. Metal mining
- C. Metallurgy
- D. Prospecting
35. The compounds made up of only carbon and hydrogen are called?
- A. Carbon compounds
- B. Hydro carbons
- C. Atoms
- D. Carbon hydrolysis
36. One of the following is not a physical property of monosaccharides
- A. Monosaccharides get charred when heated
- B. Monosaccharides are water-soluble, sweet substances
- C. They are highly vital to the exploration of metals
- D. They can be reduced to sugar alcohols
37. In troposphere, the two types of pollutants are?
- A. Gaseous and particulate pollutants
- B. Carbon and metallic pollutants
- C. Natural and man-made pollutants
- D. Sulphuric and nitrogenous pollutants
38. The molar enthalpy change accompanying the removal of an electron from a gas phase atom or ion in its ground state is called
- A. Electron gain enthalpy
- B. Ionization enthalpy
- C. Enthalpy change
- D. Enthalpic gas removal
39. The fourteen elements (atomic number 90-103) after actinum are called?
- A. Actinoids
- B. Nucleotides
- C. Pre-actinum elements
- D. Atomic elements
40. The process by which salt and water reacted in a limited way to form an acid and base is?
- A. Neutral process
- B. Basic acidic process
- C. Hydrolysis
- D. Sublimation