FUNAAB Postgraduate Application Form For 2019/2020 Session is available on their website platform.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates seeking admission to the following Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria.
- To be eligible for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidates must be HND or first degree holders in a relevant discipline from any recogniz edtertiary institution. In general, all applicants must satisfy basic UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates for Master’s Degree Programme must be graduates of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta or any other University recognized by the Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree in a relevant field. However, candidates with a good Second Class Lower Degree in relevant field may be considered. Candidates for Masters of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) programme should possess HND plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc. Physical Sciences/Engineering and Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT exposure is beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates for admission to Masters and Ph.D. programmes in Communication Studies shall possess University degrees in Arts, Science, Applied Science, Social Science and Education or other related disciplines.
- To be eligible for admission to the MBA (AgriBusiness) and Professional Master in Communication Studies degree programmes, candidates must be holders of a good Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline.
- Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma in Communication studies with a minimum cumulative average of 55% may be considered for Master’s Degree in Communication Studies. In addition, possession of relevant professional qualification and/or experience will be an advantage. A credit pass in O’ Level Mathematics is not compulsory for admission into Professional Master in Communication Studies programme which is strictly part-time (Friday and Saturday) programme. The duration of the programme is a minimum of 4 semesters.
- Masters of Environment Management (MEM) is a three-semester professional programme designed for captains of industries who are degree holders or HND holders with distinction/credit pass plus PGD in relevant fields who have also satisfied all basic UTME requirements while Masters of Environment Management and Protection (MEMP) is an academic Master’s Degree that runs for a minimum of four (4) semesters.
- The requirement for M. Agric applicants in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management is B. Agric (Agric Economics) with Second Class Upper. Graduates of other disciplines and Second Class Lower graduates of Agric. Economics will be admitted into the M.Sc. (Professional) programme with the prospect of converting to M.Agric programme on attaining a minimum weighted average score of 60% after the first year. While applicants are expected to posess at least five (5) Credit Passes, Credit Passes in Chemistry and Physics are not compulsory for postgraduate admission in Agric. Economics, although these are
- required for undergraduate admission. Such applicants, however, must possess a Credit pass in either Agric. Science or Biology.
- Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) courses are open to graduates of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET) of FUNAAB and any other University recognized by Senate as well as holders of any other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a DVM by Senate. However, such candidates must satisfy all the requirements specified for admission into FUNAAB. M.Sc. courses in COLVET are open to graduates of Biological Sciences of FUNAAB and other institutions recognized by Senate. Fellows of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology or its equivalent may also be considered. Such candidates must also satisfy any other requirements specified by the Postgraduate School of FUNAAB.
- Applicants are to note that the requirement for admission into the following PGD Programmes in COLANIM is a B. Agric. (Third Class) in any discipline of Animal Science:
- (i) Poultry Breeding Artificial Insemination and Hatchery Management;
- (ii) Livestock Feed Resources;
- (iii) Small Ruminant Production;
- (iv) Beef and Dairy Cattle Production;
- (v) Meet Processing and Packaging;
- (vi) Poultry Production; (vii)
- Pig Production;
- (viii) Rabbit Production;
- (ix) Pasture Production.
- For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programme, a student must have obtained Master’s degree from the College of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB or other University recognized by Senate and other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a Master’s degree by the Senate. The duration of study for the Master’s degree programme shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters for full time candidates; while part time studies shall be for a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters. Part-time students must finish all course works within the first four semesters of their registration.
- To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate. Holders of one year Master’s Degree are expected to undergo a conversion examination after the first session before proceeding to a Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates for academic Masters and Ph.D. programmes shall be required to submit a research proposal along with their application forms, and may be required to interact (in oral or written form) with their respective Departments before admission.
FUNAAB Postgraduate Application Form
- Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree/Programme Full Time (FT) – 6 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 10 Semesters. Part Time (PT – 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters.
2. MASTERS PROGRAMMES Full Time (FT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters; Part Time (PT) – 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
3. PROFESSIONAL MASTERS PROGRAMMES Full Time (FT) – 3 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 6 Semesters
Part Time (PT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
PGD PROGRAMMES Full Time FT) – 2 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 4 Semesters
Part Time (PT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Thousand, Five Hundred and Sixty Naira (N15,560:00) only exclusive of Bank Charges.
While the Postgraduate application portal opens on Monday, May 18, 2020, closing date for online submission of applications for Masters and PGD programmes is
Monday, June 29, 2020. Applications for Ph.D .admission are available all year round. Successful applicants will be contacted by e-mail and/or text message.