Babcock University announced that second semester examination for 2019/2020 session will be conducted on online platform. Online examination among academic institutions are becoming popular and best available option, especially with surge of Covid-19 pandemic. See the statement release from their website below:
I am sure you are staying safe and healthy. I give glory to God for your lives.
You will recall that it was just one week to writing your second semester examinations that the federal and state governments directed that all schools in the country should close down in the wake of the COVlD-l9 pandemic, inorder to contain its spread and to protect the lives of the people. This unexpected situation made it impossible for the second semester examinations to hold as scheduled at the time.
Notice: Pre-Exams registration comes up on Thursday, 14th May, 2020
However, Babcock University,after many deliberations on various options, has decided to administer the ‘second semester examinations online via the Computer Based Examination approach, which has been in use over the years in the University for all our GEDS courses. We have no doubt that you all are already familiar with this examination format and platform, and would need no further training to use it.Be informed that this is the way the University is going.
- To this end, the new examinations timetable for the second semester examinations will be made available at least a week to the commencement of the examinations and will be communicated to all students.
- For the purpose of the examinations, you will use either a smartphone, tablet or laptop/desktop computer. Please ensure that you fully charge your devices at least an hour before taking each examination. It is also expedient that you load sufficient amount of data on your devices for the examinations.
- The UMlS password of each student will be required for authentication into the examination portal. Therefore, all students who currently have any issues with their UMlS passwords should please contact Mr. Kenneth Kehinde, Ayeni, Assistant Director, UMlS (08168485016) and provide their matriculation numbers and their Babcock University email addresses for prompt resolution of the issue.
- A chatting facility will be provided on the examination platform to give real-time response to problems from students. A robust helpdesk has been set up by the University to offer solutions to students who experience any problems while taking the examinations.
- Please ensure that you complete your registration by closing your second semester registration on the UMIS portal of the University. Carrying out this action will grant you eligibility to write your examinations.You shall be contacted further for detailed information on this very shortly.
- Be rest assured that the integrity of the examinations shall be adequately guaranteed.
wish you the very best, and success in your forthcoming examinations.
Professor Jonathan C. Nwosu, FCIA, FNlM, FCPA